Thursday, September 23, 2010
If you have been having many sleepless nights, chances are, your eyebags have grown so big you could fit an egg into it or that your face is all covered with pimples and acne that you would need the best acne treatment there is. Do you ever know the reasons why you are sleeping poorly or are having insomnia? Many experts would say that it could be caused by any of the following pitfalls:
1. Consuming coffee too close to bedtime. Coffee perks us up. It gives us that boost early in the morning. But do you know that the caffeine we get from coffee stays in the body for 12 hours? So if you can prevent it, don't drink coffee later in the day. Or better yet, cut it out off your diet.
2. Waking up with Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea is a disorder that causes people to momentarily stop breathing. This can cause disruption of deep sleep and results to a person feeling tired the next day. If you or your partner snores loudly, it could be a sign of sleep apnea. Don't hesitate to consult your doctor if you have a snoring problem.
3. Drinking alcohol at night. There is the misconception that wine is a good way to get sleepy. But did you know that alcohol can shorten REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the portion of sleep that is most restful?
4. Turning your bedroom into an Office. If you use your bedroom as a place to work or eat, chances are you will associate it with these tasks and will eventually result to sleeplessnes.
5. A late night exercise jolt. It is best to finish up your workout three hours before bedtime to allow your body to cool down. A lower body temperature help you feel sleepier.
There's five more reasons so stay-tuned for more.