Next to the Crowned Poelenburg one can find the paint mill called "De Kat" (the cat), which processes raw materials to make pigments.
Between 1646 and 1696 paint windmill 'De Kat' was built at its present site on the Kalverringdijk at the Zaanse Schans. In 1782 the mill was destroyed by fire but was rapidly rebuilt again. At the beginning of the 1900’s the mill was demolished to the height of the platform. In May 1960 the eight-sided paint mill 'De Duinjager' was taken from its former spot owing to urban development and placed on top of the old storehouse of 'De Kat'. The mill is once again grinding raw materials to make pigments for paints in the traditional time-honored way and is widely believed to be the only mill of its kind.
Information Source: http://www.zaanseschans.nl/