I am a sucker for animated films. Disney animated classics, 3D movies from Pixar, Japanese anime - the works. AndÂ when Hollywood brought Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hot Rod and the rest of the gang to life in Transformers, I can`t help but run to the Warner Cinema Â in Yokohama with my husband to watch it on the big screen! I wouldn`t miss it for the world! After viewing it, I even asked my husband to download the movie so that we can watch it whenever we like.
It really makes me feel good to see good conquer evil in the end. Who wouldn`t?
But I heard that there`s a part 2 to the movie. Yay!!!! It`s been circulating around the web... I even got an email from my friend about the plot. I do hope it`s true. Get a glimpse of what`s in store for you in TF2.
- Starscream returns, now self-declared leader of the Decepticons.
- Rallies the others around his goal is a new energy source derived from the Allspark that rests on Earth. Plans overheard by Hot Rod.
- Soundwave leads a faction that is still loyal to Megatron and with his followers battles Starscream and co and gains control of the resurgence ship Nemesis
- Sam and Mikaela are in college, her at community and Sam in New York. Still together.
- Sam and Bumblebee have a strained relationship since the city of gridlock makes driving a car impractical.
- Shige, unspecified Asian, is Sam's roommate and learned English from Baywatch closed caption. Guessing he is the comedian role that Anderson was for first movie.
- Nemesis slams into the ocean, destroying an aircraft carrier and taking on its form. IE Nemesis becomes a transforming aircraft carrier (something rumored to be in the sequel for a month and more).
- Soundwave takes on the form of a "large, military-grade focused sound laser" while the other Decepticons take on military vehicles that where on the downed carrier.
- Megatron's crushed lifeless form is retrieved and placed in a Cybertronian chamber. Since sound is a form of energy, therefore making Soundwave an unlimited source of energy, he is able to heal other Transformers and restore Megatron. The reason mainly because the merging of the Allspark with Meg's spark caused an overload and shutdown of his system rather then death.
- The resurrection' s side-effect results in dependency on Soundwave for energy but (I think), Meg's wouldn't like depending on anyone for survival so needs something from Prime to complete his return and sends his minions to capture Sam as leverage.
- Hot Rod lands on earth to warn Prime of Starscream's plans and coordinates for unknown energy source. The alt form, Ferrari F430, is taken from a "high-profile action movie director's car (a cameo perhaps for Bay?).
- Autobots head to Las Vegas, with Hot Rod (with Mikaela) running ahead of them due to his speed.
- Bumblebee also heads to Vegas with Sam and Shige in tow (after a scene involving street racing).
- Mikaela finds Agent Simmons, who now works for LUXOR in Vegas, to get the location of the object.
- Everyone but Sam and company form up at the home of Linus Ellison, descendent of the Sector 7 founders.
- The second source, "City of Lights" is an orb that stores the Allspark's excess energy that was collected while being studied by Sector 7 and is used to meet the United States energy needs. The electrical conduit for the orb runs from Hoover Dam to Vegas, in effect Vegas was built to hide the orb much like Hoover Dam was built to hide the Allspark.
- The Luxor (the black pyramid) provides the access point to the orb (hence Simmons working there) resulting in a White House ordered evacuation of the entire city.
- Sam and co still heading to Vegas, Shige still unaware of Bumblebee is a robot; watch their dorm destroyed by a giant robot on TV. Sam recognizes that means he is in danger.
- Creation Matrix is introduced and contained within Prime. The Allspark provides life, the Matrix provides the Transformers with a soul and free will. Without the matrix the Transformers are soulless primal beasts ("hence the cell phone, Xbox and Mountain Dew machine"). Decepticons therefore came from the Allspark and Matrix but used free will "to follow a path of evil". (Very slick and very obvious, I feel pretty stupid for not thinking of this).
- At this point, Starscream wants the Orb and Megatron wants the Matrix.
- Meanwhile Sam and co reach the roadblock of traffic from the evacuation of Vegas and come head to head with six construction vehicles...who merge to form Devastator.
- While trying to escape Ultra Magnus and his car load of Transformers arrive to attack Devastator and defend Sam. Meanwhile Shige pees in his pants (thinking BB wouldn't like that). A vicious battle ensues.
- Devastator is slowed buying time for a tactical retreat down Route 66 to Vegas (historic American landmark, worth googling).
- In Vegas, the largest defense force ever assembled is ready as Starscream's faction arrives in protoform.
- The force is intercepted by protoform Autobots (so three groups of Autobots) resulting in a free-fall battle until forced to break for crashing landing to Earth. The fight is rejoined and moves toward Vegas.
- Once the fight reaches Vegas, the military learns that the Decepticons no longer effected by the sabot rounds making them ineffective in the battle.
- The assault continues above ground while below Mikaela watches as Ellison and Simmons wordlessly hatch a plan.
- Night falls as the Autobots defense of the Luxor barely holds. Reinforcements arrive in the form of Sam and co. pushing back Starscream's faction.
- Sam and Shige are escorted down below as Skorponok drills through to the underground bunker undetected.
- Skorponok is detected and despite best efforts from the military below ground, manages to sever the orb from the electrical conduit, stopping the flow of energy to the nation, plunging cities and Vegas into a blackout.
- Military re-enforcements arrive in Vegas, only to discover they where infiltrated by Megatron's forces and destroyed.
- The military lies in waste, the Autobots outnumbered and exhausted, Megatron's forces begin their assault.
- Seeing the odds, Ellison makes the call to go to the Stratosphere Tower and release a Sector 7 built electromagnetic pulse that would destroy all electronic systems within 50 miles including the Transformers and the orb. Despite knowing it would kill them; Optimus approves of the plan and orders the Autobots to clear a path up the strip.
- Soundwave, overhearing the orders, moves to intercept.
- Prime, Magnus and Hot Rod stay to defend the Luxor, the others move to defend human's move to the tower.
- Starscream, thinking the advantage is his, moves to attack the Luxor to claim the orb.
- The fight up the strip against Soundwave's troops results in a kamikaze move by two Autobots that opens the lines but also kills the military specialists for the EMP.
- Sam and Mikaela ascend the tower under assault from a Deception with Bumblebee trying to defend. Eventually Bumblebee wins forcing the weak Megatron to enter the battle and clumsily but effectively stopping the EMP and possibly killing Mikaela.
- Soundwave attacks Starscream's faction with a sonic pulse that also hits Prime who was chasing a determined Hot Rod that had ordered his retreat orders.
- Soundwave uses that opportunity to rip the Matrix from Optimus and brings it to Megatron restoring him to full strength.
- First order of business to regain the role of undisputed leader of the Decepticons by taking out Starscream those results in a dogfight in the Grand Canyon.
- The defeated Starscream's last act of defiance is a message to his faction on Cybertron, "I have prepared the way..." resulting in a mass exodus from Cybertron to Earth. (HMM so TF 2 Vegas battle is what Helm's Deep was to the Two Towers, with I guess TF 3 having a battle that will be like Return of the Kings Minas Tirith - if true sweet)
- Movie ends with the Autobots recovering in Ellison's compound, Optimus severely wounded, Hot Rod determined to right his wrong (I guess getting the matrix from Megs), Sam feeling betrayed by Prime with the death of Mikaela, and Mikaela regaining consciousness, the forcefield of the Bumblebee defeated Decepticon failing after having protected her from the destroyed Tower.
Basically ...to be Concluded in TF 3.
And there even is a part 3... Another great trilogy. Can you believe it?