Friday, August 31, 2012
I always find a house welcoming and "alive" when there are plants about. Ornamental plants have always been a part of interior room decor because of the many benefits that it provides. But did you know which greens are good for your home? Here is something that a friend shared on Facebook that I thought would be interesting and helpful if you are planning on putting plants inside your home. Since you are putting plants inside the home anyway, why not choose the ones that will be beneficial to your health?
1. Bamboo Palm: According to NASA, it removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
These plants do not need much maintenance too. You just need to water them regularly, add fertilizer every now and then and place in areas inside the house where they can get some sunshine.