Well, fret no more as here are some makeup tips that will be sure to keep you looking fresh and cool the whole day through.
1. Because it is hot and humid during summer, be sure to thoroughly cleanse and moisturize your skin. Be sure that your moisturizer has sunscreen in it to shield your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. To keep your skin clean, you can use homemade facial masks once in a while to remove deep seated dirt and to help exfoliate dead skin cells.
2. A fan of foundations? Avoid using foundations as much as possible in summer since it has the tendency to smudge. But if it is really a part of your makeup routine, then use a light matte based foundation. Instead of a foundation, a powedered concealer that is two times lighter than your normal skin color is the perfect alternative. It hides blemishes and evens out your skin tone at the same time, minus the smudging. There is a variety of MAC makeup products available in cosmetic shops so choosing won't be so difficult.
3. Coloring your cheeks may not be necessary but if you want to, you can put on blush. A bronzer applied on the cheekbones, neck, forehead and chin will help to give you that sun-kissed look.
4. To brighten your eyes, use soft and light colored eye shadows. Be sure that you are using only powdered ones as liquid and cream-based eyeshadows have the tendency to smudge. And with the hot weather, you wouldn't want your mascara to run right? It will be smart to use water proof ones. Try the Splashproof Mascara. It works wonders.
5. To complete your summer look, put on light- or nude-colored lipstick. Use those that seals in the moisture and has sunscreen. Or you can skip the lipstick and use lip gloss. I personally prefer lip gloss over lipstick as it keeps my lips moisturized.
Now, your fresh summer look is complete. Have fun in the sun!