Thursday, November 25, 2010
The bathroom is a very conducive place for molds to grow because it is always moist and humid. And when molds are allowed to just grow, they cause health problems and are also very unsightly. Breathing in the spores produced by these molds, especially the bad black ones, causes health problems from a seemingly harmless itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and a runny nose to the more serious ones like asthma, sinusitis, nausea, chronic fatigue syndrome and learning disabilities.
That is why it is important to regularly clean your bathroom. How frequent you clean it depends on you but once in two weeks is my standard.
The best way to prevent molds is by keeping your bathroom dry as much as possible. After using the bathroom, open the doors and windows to air it. Use a squeegee or a towel to remove excess water on your glass and tile walls after each bath. Spray your bathroom walls, especially areas that always get moist with an antifungal spray once a month. Bleaching your tub or bathroom sink and scrubbing them with a mold and mildew removers every now and then also helps a lot.